Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Beach









Saturday! Erin finally took us to the beach! We left about 10 am, got there at 11:30 and didn’t leave till 5. Erin stayed in the water the entire time we were there. It was so fun, we soaked in the sun, played in the water and had our first surfing lesson. Two kids from our ward, Ephraim and Jershon met us up there, I guess they like to surf with Erin or something. Only the three of us and the little girls went, so we played with them. I did put on sunscreen but I am still a little pink today, I can’t wait till it turns to a tan, I’m gonna be so dark when we leave. So the surfing thing, it was sooo fun! I was really nervous at first, but as soon as I caught my first wave all fear left, it was awesome. We started just getting up to our knees, Sarah stood up once, but I didn’t. The thing is, Erin didn’t really want to teach us because that meant less time for him to be on the board. He only helped me get 2 waves before I was on my own and then I had a harder time of it. Next time I’ll stand up. I’m gonna be in great shape if we keep this up, surfing is very tiring.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome day! The photos are great and make me just a little jealous, sitting here in cold, winter Utah. Way to go, surfer girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun! Surfing is hard, but it's super exciting to finally get up on the board. I wish I could have gone more than the one time I did. I'm super jealous of your life right now! One of our long-term goals is to go to New Zealand one day. You're already one step ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete