Saturday, February 25, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa!


We feel super dark next to grandma, I won't show you the one compared to Erin.
Even in New Zealand grandpa pays the "grandkids" for back rubs.

I didn't bring a black skirt so I kinda stand out in the choir, but I hid in the back when we actually sang, this was just practicing before.

The weekend after we got back from the south island my grandparents came to Auckland. It was so exciting! They got to come for a business trip a few hours from here so they came early and left later and spent time here with us. They arrived on Saturday morning, the flight came in at 5 so I woke up at 6 to go unlock the gate for them (unfortunately I had gone to bed at 4) but all that accomplished was me getting eaten alive by mosquitos while I waited in vain for half an hour before giving up and coming back inside. They didn’t get here until about 8 because they didn’t have a gps and they got turned around on their google map a few times. They were so funny, we went and drove around looking for something to do and they argued about grandpas driving the whole time. My favorite was when he turned on the windshield wipers instead of the blinker, that happened quite a bit. When we finally gave up and headed back home we made it just in time to follow the Josephs to Orewa beach. That was really fun, Cheyenne was the only one not here so the whole family got to hang with us. We also met up with a bunch of girls that got a ride with Reece (Erins nephew). It was kind of a gloomy day but we still had a blast on the beach before we headed home to get ready for stake conference. Only grandma, grandpa, Brittany and I went to conference, Cheyenne came separately too. It was a fantastic meeting! We loved every second of it, so glad we left early to go. One of the speakers talked about Jimmer and living the gospel in the “Jimmer-range”. It was a pretty sweet talk and made me laugh because not many people here know who Jimmer is. After conference grandma and grandpa went home to sleep- they stayed in the little sleeper outside that Erin recently built- and Brittany and I went to see the vow with Cheyenne and a bunch of other girls from our stake. Hanging out with all of them was super fun but I dint like the movie. Sunday morning we left early for stake conference because Cheyenne, Rose, Erin, Sarah, Brittany and I were in the choir. That choir was amazing (I didn’t contribute at all). I loved listening to everyone sing, and the closing song is now one of my favorite songs. The Song of the Redeemed, it is beautiful!

After conference we came home and made dinner and sat around talking for hours. It was a great conversation, grandma and grandpa and Erin and Rose got along famously, they continued talking all night while we went to the YSA discussion at the Sorensons house. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Josephs know more about my family than I do. The discussion was fantastic, it reminded us of Provo hardcore because it was all about dating. Apparently the problem here is that the mindset is if a guy asks you out you are committed to that person, there is no such thing as just going on a date or casual dating. Its all or nothing. I think they did it while we were here so that we could add our American perspective of what dating really is. Sarah and Reece talked all night at that discussion, they are so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Um that is SO cool that your Grandparents got to come visit! Sounds like you're still living it up! I love hearing all about it on here. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete